It might have an unusual name but Skoda Superb Scout is just that – Superb.
9th June 2020
ŠKODA Superb Scout, a limited edition version of its multiple award winning Superb wagon, goes on sale this week.
ŠKODA Australia Director Michael Irmer said that with the revised Superb sedan and wagon ranges not due until later this year, the brand had obtained several hundred Scouts for sale in the interim.
Very much in the vein of extra urban estates favoured by European prestige brands, the ŠKODA Superb Scout comes as a single specification model priced at a relatively affordable $59,490; comparable in value to the Superb Sportline that has comprised almost half of current generation Superb sales.
The ŠKODA Superb Scout is equipped with the latest 200kW/350Nm 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine (with petrol particulate filter) that sends power to all four wheels via a seven-speed DQ381 DSG transmission.
It is both a grand tourer and an off-roader, the latter capability enabled by a special mode and a 15mm greater ground clearance than the Superb Wagon.
ŠKODA Superb Scout is visually differentiated within and without from the usual Superb wagon, not least by the option of Tangerine metallic paint. In common with the Superb wagon, the Scout’s luggage compartment can be increased by 600 litres to 1950 litres with the rear seats folded.
As the first ŠKODA in Australia with full LED Matrix headlights, previously the preserve of higher end cars and SUVs, the Superb Scout has exceptional night vision. With the capability of automatically shading oncoming vehicles, high beam can remain active while driving on the open road.
The ŠKODA Superb Scout’s standard features:
- Full LED Matrix headlights
- Full LED rear lights with Dynamic indicators
- Front fog lights with corner functionality
- KESSY Full (all doors) and alarm
- 9.2″ Columbus infotainment system
- CANTON premium sound system
- SmartLink – Smartphone connectivity including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Virtual Cockpit
- Digital Radio
- Adaptive Chassis Control with Drive Mode Select
- Automatic tailgate with Virtual Pedal
- 18″ BRAGA anthracite polished wheels
- Alcantara/leather seats
- Electric Driver and Passenger Seat with memory function
- Climatronic triple zone air conditioning
- Heated front and rear seats
- 3 spoke heated, multifunction steering wheel with DSG paddles
- Automatic Park Assist with manoeuvre assist
- Rough road package, with additional powertrain protection
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring
- Hill start assist/hill descent control
- Side Assist & Lane Assist
- Emergency Assist
- Passenger Protection Assist
- Rear Camera
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake and Predictive Pedestrian Protection
- 9 airbags
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Privacy Glass
- Wireless charging
- Stainless steel pedal set
|Metallic and pearl effect paint||$770|
|Velvet Red paint||$1100|
|Panoramic glass sunroof||$1900|
ŠKODA Australia continues to introduce European engine technology.
Last year ŠKODA Australia succeeded in having this market’s climate classification reviewed to enable the introduction in March of the previously withheld Kodiaq RS with its 176kW/500Nm 2.0-litre bi-turbo diesel engine.
The Skoda Superb Scout will be the first Volkswagen Group vehicle on sale in this market with a petrol particulate filter, to be followed shortly by the Karoq 140TSI Sportline.
“This particulate filter can withstand petrol with 50 parts per million of sulfur, but it must be understood that these cars can run only on Premium Unleaded,” Mr Irmer said.
“At point of sale the vehicles will feature mirror hangers emphasising this point. Additionally we have developed high visibility fuel cap stickers. Sales teams will reinforce this message. Our view is that all Australian motorists would benefit by the mandating of Premium petrol as standard.”
Running costs of the ŠKODA Superb Scout can be further reduced with the purchase of a ŠKODA new car service pack – $900 for three years; $1700 for five. A used car service pack ($1600 for four years) can be bought any time after the first 15,000 km scheduled service and is valid for the next four scheduled services.
New ŠKODAs are permanently available with five warranty.
Buying a new car can be a stressful and tedious exercise. Contact Car Business and take away all the issues with buying that new car. Simply better car deals are at your fingertips. And if you’re looking for independent reviews on a range of new cars, click through to The Car Guy