The privacy of our visitors to The Car Guy is important to us.
At The Car Guy, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit The Car Guy, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
All of us at The Car Guy are committed to providing you with peace of mind in protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998, which sets out a set of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Your personal information
Personal information held by The Car Guy may include:
- Your name
- Your business name
- Current address
- Telephone number(s)
- Mobile phone number
- Fax number
- Email address
If you choose to not provide us with the business information we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or you may experience difficulty or delays in the delivery of our services and products.
How we collect personal information
The Car Guy collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you via business cards, details provided in correspondence, over the telephone or when submitted by a form on one of our websites;
- From third parties such as our related companies;
- Your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- When legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you with our products and services;
- Provide or improve our service delivery through a range of media;
- Administer and manage our services provided to you;
- Inform you of ways the products and services provided to you can be improved;
- Research and develop our products and services;
- Improve our understanding of you to provide you with better products and services;
- Maintain and improve our business systems for improved services and product delivery.
When we disclose personal information
- Delivery activities;
- Mailing systems;
- Market research.
- Data Based Marketing.
Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to The Car Guy providing our products and services to you. The Car Guy takes reasonable steps to ensure these organisations are subject to obligations of confidentiality or privacy in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Other companies who have a partnering relationship with The Car Guy
- Your authorised representatives, accountants or legal advisers when requested by you to do so;
- Credit providers;
- Our professional advisors, including our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- Government or regulatory organisations as required or authorised by law;
Help us ensure we hold accurate information
The Car Guy takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
You can access your personal information
You have the right to access your personal information. If you would like to do so please let us know. You may be required to provide proof of identity and/or put you request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for repetitive requests for and providing access to your information.
This website uses Google AdWords
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.